Saturday, May 11, 2013

"I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian"

 
This is the 2nd collaboration on an "Iron Man" illustration between myself and artist Joey Romero of Average Joe Art in celebration of Iron Man 3. We've also tackled the Iron Patriot in the past, and hopefully we'll do at least one more character from the latest film. This illustration is based off of a bust of the new Mark XLII armor from Hot Toys.


Typically Joey will hand off an illustration to me with a few notes, but this one was originally handed off pretty much looking like this...
 
Needless to say I had my work cut out for me. Also, once I'm done he'll usually go back and tweek a few things here and there. This time however, he said he only added a few highlights and of course the "3" to match the rest of our Iron Man 3 series artwork. *Pats self on the back* As for the movie itself..it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I still really liked it. Plus you get to see a TON of suits fight! What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment