Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It came from outer space!


I had it on good authority that I needed to watch "The Iron Giant"...also that it would most likely make me cry like a baby. I managed to keep it together, but I REALLY liked the story. For anyone that hasn't seen it, it's about a giant metal-eating robot from space who lands near a small town. He befriends a boy named Hogarth and then of course the ever-paraniod U.S. Government has to get involved and screw things up for everyone ;). I loved the part where Hogarth is hiding the Iron Giant in his barn and shows him a stack of comics that he reads (I spied Action Comics & The Spirit..very cool Hogarth). However, it was the main lesson of the story that I loved the most.."You are what you choose to be". In this case the choice between being a deadly giant robot or "Superman". Overall...Cute story.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool...I've not seen it yet either but I'm gonna go find it and watch it as soon as I can. Love your description...

    ReplyDelete