Thursday, January 10, 2013

Have you seen a girl with hair like this?


No joke, I probably watch "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" at LEAST once a week. I'm a HUGE fan. I believe it's one of the most incredible comic-to-film adaptations around. For one..the movie is almost word for word accurate with the comics. Two..the way they incorporated Bryan Lee O'Malley's original illustrations for all the "flashback" scenes is great. Also any movie that gratuitously utilizes video game noises/references is always appreciated. The soundtrack is phenomenal! All of Sex Bob-omb's music was composed by Beck (who I LOVE). If you can't tell, I could literally go on and on about this flick. I've been on a somewhat brief hiatus from drawing lately and a simple sketch like this was perfect to get me back into the swing of things. I wanted to do something that wasn't as simple looking as the original comic, but not as detailed/realistic as a screenshot. I think I found a happy medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment