Saturday, January 19, 2013

I admit, we knew we’d get in trouble. That part’s true...


..We knew people would be worried, and we still ran away, anyway. But something also happened, which we didn’t do on purpose. When we first met each other, something happened..to us." -Sam Shakusky

Sam is one the of two main characters in the film Moonrise Kingdom. As an avid Wes Anderson fan, I felt it was time to do some inspired art. The best way I've heard someone describe this film is: "It takes as it's primary subject matter, odd, precocious children. Rather than the damaged and dissatisfied adults they will one day become." For those of you who haven't seen it. The film is about two offbeat kids who fall in love and run away together. The main theme in ALL of Wes's films is...Dysfunction. Which I, for one can completely relate to. ;) Maybe that's why I love these films soo much. His characters all manage to eventually function in their own unique way however. Like the Borderlands picture, I tried to experiment a little more with my shading technique. Sam was a lot of fun to draw, I might continue on with a few more characters from Moonrise Kingdom or another film of Wes's. I really love the characters he creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment