Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Men get arrested...dogs get put down.

I don't know why, but the other day I just HAD to get my Watchmen fix and I have to say Rorschach is my favorite character. I'm sure there are a lot of people who agree with me. I mean he doesn't have any special "powers" or even use a special weapon. He just. Kicks. Ass. I think he's more of a ruthless vigilante than an actual "hero". Mostly because Rorschach is able to see everything in black & white, he's an absolutist. He judges people by their actions, not just by their words. He almost reminds me of Frank Castle in a way. He's got the Judge, Jury & Executioner thing going on. Plus he's got some of, if not the best lines in the story. This picture took me about 4 hours start to finish. I used a picture of Jackie Earle Haley in costume as a reference. I used more shading than I normally do. I added more black to shade with instead of using different shades of grey like I usually do. I think the black shading makes the character seem rich and dark vs. cartoonish. Which is totally Rorschach's style. I think I'm going to do at least one other Watchmen character after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment