Monday, January 28, 2013

The hardest thing to do in this world...

...is to live in it. Be brave..Live..for me."
 
 
Every little girl should grow up with a strong female role model...I happened to grow up with Buffy Summers. I remember when the original movie came out..not fantastic. When I heard that they were making it into a television series, initially I didn't have high hopes. That was before I knew about Joss Whedon. What he was able to do with this character and the entire series for that matter, is nothing short of incredible.
 
Buffy Summers..A highschool cheerleader turned protector/guardian of all humanity against anything that emerges from a portal to hell. She has soo much strength (mental and physical), Bravery & a capacity to put others before herself like I've never seen. But as powerful as Buffy is..she still needs her friends and family. That's what I like about her. Can she do everything on her own? Sure, but she works best when she has the support of friends behind her. Joss was once asked "So, why do you write these strong female characters?" to which he answered "Because you’re still asking me that question." I'm very grateful to him for the characters he's given to soo many young women like myself. I love this series soo much that every few months I start from the beginning and watch the entire series all the way through. It originally aired in 1997, but I think that since Joss's writing/dialogue is soo unique (most of Buffy's phrases are pretty abnormal to say the least) you can still watch this show and it doesn't seem that dated. As long as you're willing to overlook some awesome 90's fashion ;)
 
The thing that gave me the most trouble in this picture was...Buffy's nose. Sarah Michelle Gellar has a pretty unique nose..and that was the one thing I was worried about the most. This picture was a lot of fun to do though. I might do a few other characters from the series later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment